Ramblings of an 18 year old Rose... 

I'm afraid I have a Jane Eyre complex where I expect someone to come save me from all the things I need to do, to come do them for me. If I just find the right guy and do whatever he says I'll be alright. 
I don't actually believe that obviously, and I'm oversimplifying the concept to cut to the point.
I'm kinda afraid Covenant screwed me up. Though maybe in part I'm naturally like this. 
Not that marriage is wrong, but depending on a guy to fix all my problems, to lead me in my relationship with Christ, nah man, that's not their responsibility and that's not healthy for me.
If I am going to grow in my relationship with Christ I need to be faithful to his call on my life, even if that call means I don't get married. Which it might. And even if I do marriage is not the end of my calling it would be joining my calling with another person's, my desires, my dreams, the steps God is gently nudging me to take with his, not an abandoning of all the things I need to do. I need to be faithful to what he is asking of me not to impress a guy but because I love Christ. And he is calling me to better, richer things then my obsessions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU