Lol...memories...the first poem I ever wrote. Through snail-mail a dear friend asked me to write a poem on love or on nonsense, I decided to write it on both. Only she gets it (or does she?) and that's how it should be :)

Love and/or Nonsense 
(is there really a difference?)
From one Weirdo to Another
 
Potatoes are so neat! 
They are poofish not baked 
You tell me they're sweet 
But you don't understand
Orange ice is comical 
Don't be questioning me
Making since is overrated 
Just ask my grandchild she's crazy

We understand one another
Like...hmmm...
So maybe we just smile and gibber 
Understanding is overrated too 
Love reaches across all boundaries 
including all our foolery
because we still go together 
like dolphin waving and the Curtis Family

Laughter is our soundtrack
You can stare all you like
We'll only giggle longer and with more delight
Doesn't matter if you're a football, 
or a volcano
We're gonna follow you to the ends of the earth
No but really 
we will follow 
Don't be creeped out, or do
Either way we'll be laughing at you 

Though I don't know much in life
This much is clear
The one up above doesn't answer prayer?
Girl pa-Iease I beg to dif-fer 
These potatoes and lines 
That run through my mad life
Send me different signs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU