Rambling from a 19 year old Rose...
I read a story from Love146 last evening that I think effected me subconsciously, which explains the waterfalls can kill you entry...kinda...
(Waterfalls can kill you entry:
When I went to the rapids outside of Blacks-burg I remember looking over the edge of the falls and thinking this is so gorgeous and powerful but people have lost their lives in this water. This water's power is not something to be messed with...but it's also beautiful, how can you have both? This is something that has killed people. Not purposely though..it just is there and is doing what it was designed for. Taking life? Of course not. Actually they relax people most times...you know unless they're killed by them. I don't know why I'm stuck on this...foolish chooses, putting yourself in a place where it is not wise to be, not taking some things seriously, and something that is inherently beautiful pushes you underwater till your lungs can no longer do their job and you die. I'm such a little ray of sunshine..Is it our fault? Our foolish choices? It's youth, it's not fully developed brains, it's not enough life experience, but the consequences are severe. And what about the person who just slipped?
What is this about Rose? Why this? why are you writing about this right now? back away slowly...)
Love146 sent out a video a couple months ago about a girl in their care who had been featured in another recent video they made about her healing from trafficking.
The video they had made about her healing stated the fact that she had been raped when she was 12. People who profit from porn took that fact to turn her story of healing into a clickbait ad for their porn site. On that click bate ad they used a picture of the girl in the middle of an orgasm with the fact that she had been raped when she was 12 by her uncle written across the screen in big bold letters. And it made me so mad, and sad.
That this story of restoration from a terrible darkness could be used by that same form of darkness to profit off of people's hurt YET AGAIN is just so twisted and confusing.
I know this is something that I a meant to care about. I know that this is something that God cares about. What do I do with that? Lord! What do I do?
"What does the Lord require of you, O mortal, but to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God."
Comments
Post a Comment