Rambles from last year, it's nice to look at the end and see that their has in fact been growth. Not as much as I might wish, but some.

When I think of myself as less than capable or just, I don't know as someone who will get through the next day and that's all that can really be expected of her than I fall into apathy.
 I have to maintain my education, I have to maintain my relationships, I have to maintain my rest. I have so many things that need active maintaince. 
I cannot afford to be passive. I am not the savior, but I am called to follow him. His calling will never lead to passivity. Never.
 I did not vote, because I did not feel educated enough. I felt incapable. I didn't even know who we were voting for (I still don't) but I have resources available to me, too many at times. Immobilization is not what God wants from me. 
The second I think I cannot do something I walk another step backwards. I often find myself relating to Moses when he says, "who am I to do this?" Which may have been the right response except then God says, "I am your God and I will be with you", and that's when Moses is supposed to say, yes God, it is your work, not mine. But he says no again. I am so scared of living my life like that. I feel as if I constantly make that choice. With driving, with reaching out to people, with voting, with positions of leadership, with praying, with learning, with therapy, with anything that scares me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU