Do I wish I looked different?
Not really...I like the way my skin fits me...I like the way my curls frizzes when it's rainy and humid outside, I like that I have zebra stripes across my stomach, I like the way my nose ridges like a mountain line, I like that I have so many different peoples' stories woven into mine..I like that my hands have been allowed to hold 19 beautiful lives, I like that my eyes got to witness someone who cares deeply for others sit and listen so intent on their story, I like that you can see the veins in my feet where the blood is pumping through to bring life to my toes...I like life...I like that life is hard but my family is intact...I like that my mom leaves my dad notes to let him know how much she loves him, I like that I've heard Julien's laugh and I've watched the stars while holding a not quite asleep baby, I like that my feet have walked me past a buffalo, to hear the voice of my grandfather telling me to keep drawing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU