Few years back.

There are some things you need to give up.
I need to give up the idea that to live life to the fullest I have to go to another country, serve people, get lots of pats on the back, or maybe don't but get to feel super self-righteous cause I'm not getting pats on the back. As if the work I'm doing is better then someone else's, better than my sister; the stay at home Mom who cares for little life's and still manages to be there for the other people in her life, better than my cousin; the artist in a small college town who inspires her cousins even more than she knows, better than my father; the man who works himself to the bone at a dead-end job because he loves his family. Cause that idea is utterly absurd, embarrassingly arrogant, completely nieve. I can still be drawn to another country, I can still serve people there, as long as I don't go out of complete disrespect, but because that's where God plops me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU