For Sale 
On the market
as if marriage is meant for profit
buying and selling 
of human beings
our deepest rooted insecurities
our opaquely veiled dreams
on sale
we are dehumanizing ourselves
becoming products
how am I best viewed
my best side?
lighting?
style?
how will they best love me?
or rather
what I want them to see of me
when my hair is without tangle as if wind does not exist
...? 
when I'm skinny enough to view rib bone curves below my skin
...?
though I almost fainted in class
when my legs are without the hair that grows naturally
...?
because somehow
that's what makes me 
feminine 
ups my market value
keeps them window shopping
and if I'm lucky they'll 
come in
to shop 
inside my store
always keep the lights
on 
the sign 
flipped to
OPEN
bright
neon
OPEN
otherwise
they might not 
come back
to consume me
I'd be left
no one buying what 
I'm selling
me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU