Catching eyes
Catching eyes
how?
how does one go about setting such a trap?
bait it with red curls?
accentuated eyes?
learn how to tell a story
a story in a glance
a story of
desire
that makes 
that 
pumping machine
go just a little 
faster
more intense
for mere moments
caught them
but most of the time
when we catch things
it's to kill them
this is more
like my nephews
when the want to add 
to their menagerie 
they catch the thing
to hold it
care for it
love it
though they don't always know how
though sometimes the caught thing 
dies
they hold it for a while
sometimes too tightly
sometimes too roughly 
they squish it
guts oose out
sometimes the gaps between their fingers are too large
sometimes it escapes 
back in the wild
the thing they 
love

I hold his gaze
and yet
I'm caught 
dang

who set the trap is unclear
maybe both 
neither
one-sided? 
the story told
in those few moments
like one might see on the gram
fast
quick
but sacred moments
few
but holy
I can 
no longer tell 
which of us is bringing 
the desire
or what it might even be good for
but 
the understanding
the understanding 
in those moments?
It makes every one of them 
Holy
set apart
blessed 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM RACIST AND SO, WHITE PERSON, ARE YOU